Let’s take this Excel formula I have written as as example-
So, we only need to hard coded cell values not the formulas in Column D. I have two ways to do this.
Method 1. Use Copy Paste Special
You probably know this method.
- Copy the cells that contain your formulas by hitting CTRL+C
- Hit Paste Special and select Values
We now only have the hard coded cell values.
Method 2. Use The Drag Border Method
This second method is very quick but not as well used in my experience with Excel.
- Select the cells that contain your Excel formulas
- Right click with your mouse and hold it on the right border of your cells
- Select Copy Here As Values Only
The values are now only displayed in the cells.
Over To You!…Which of these methods do you prefer?
If you want more Excel and VBA tips then sign up to my monthly Newsletter where I share 3 Excel Tips on the first Wednesday of the month and receive my free Ebook, 30 Excel Tips.
If you want to see all of the blog posts in the Formula Friday series you can do so by clicking on the link below.