Welcome to Macro Mondays again. Today let’s take a look at how to rename an Excel Macro. For some reason you may find yourself having to rename one of your Excel Macros that you have already created. It is quick and easy to do.
If you want more Excel and VBA tips then sign up to my monthly Newsletter where I share 3 Excel Tips on the first Wednesday of the month and receive my free Ebook, 30 Excel Tips. If you want to see all of the blog posts in the Macro Mondays Series you can do so by clicking on the link below.
How To Rename An Excel Macro
- Hit ALT+F8 – things bring up the Macro Dialog Box.
- You will see a list of Macros just select the one you want to rename and hit Edit.
- The VBA editor will be opened automatically.
- At the top of the Excel Macro you will Sub and then the next part is the Macro name, and a set of parentheses ( brackets)!
- Change the name after the word Sub but leave the parentheses.
- The name of your Macro is now changed, and you can close the Excel VBA Window.
A Few Points To Note
You may also need to think about where else your Macro maybe referenced. Is it attached to a button or a toolbar?. You need to change that name too, or does another Macro reference or call the Macro that you have just changed?. You will need to amend that too.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the How To Excel At Excel Newsletter for more tips the first Wednesday of the month.