Hello Excellers and welcome to another blog post in my #macromondays series. Today let’s look at protecting our VBA code. As well as being able to protect and lock your Excel formulas, you can also protect your precious VBA code from prying eyes.
It is really simple.
- Open Visual Basic – by hitting ALT +F11 or Developer Tab – Visual Basic
- Select your project from the list of project is there is more than one
- Right click on your project you want to protect
- Select VBA Project Properties | Protection Tab
- Check the Lock Project For Viewing
- Set a password
That’s all it takes to protect your code.
If you want more Excel and VBA tips then sign up to my monthly Newsletter where I share 3 Excel Tips on the first Wednesday of the month and receive my free Ebook, 30 Excel Tips.
If you want to see all of the blog posts in the Macro Mondays Series or the example worksheets you can do so by clicking on the links below.
Dont forget to SUBSCRIBE to the How To Excel At Excel Newsletter for more tips the first Wednesday of the month.