If your version of excel is not showing the Developer Tab, it is simple to add it in.
This applies to Excel 2010.
- Click on the File tab of the ribbon to open the file menu.
- Click on Options in the menu to open the Excel Options dialog box.
- Click on the Customize Ribbon option in the left hand window to view the available options in the right hand window of the dialog box.
- Under the Main Tabs section of the options window check off the Developer option.
- Click OK .
- The Developer tab should now be visible in the ribbon in Excel 2010.