Welcome Excellers, Happy Friday and let’s have some Excel fun. Today let’s look at how to easily see all of your Calculated Fields and Calculated Items that you have created to use in your Pivot Table.
After you have added some new Calculated Fields and Items, it can be tricky to keep track of things. We can however see all of our workings and logic with a feature in Excel Pivot Tables that allows us to extract all our Pivot Table Formulas. Here is my basic data set and my Pivot Table I have created from it.
I have also created a Calculated Field ‘Average Selling Price’.
And a Calculated Item which is Grey and Henrietta Street Total Sales
So let’s go ahead and list our formulas
- Click in any cell in the Pivot Table
- Pivot Table Tools – Analyse
- Calculations – Fields Items & Sets
- List Formulas
Excel inserts a a new worksheet, with a list of Calculated Fields and Items. The output from my example can be seen below:
Easy, we can see all of the details of our formulas. If you want to download the sample Excle workbook for this blog post you can so so here
Dont forget to sign up to the Excel at Excel Newletter for 3 free Excel tips the first Wednesday of the month. Just click on the Sign Up Form to the right or use the link below.
- Create A Micro Chart In Excel
- How To Display a Plus + Sign On Positive Numbers With Custom Formatting In Excel
- Create A Timestamp In Excel With Formulas
- Use TRIM for a speedy data clean up