Need to find duped values in your Excel data?. Do want them to jump out at you?. It’s very easy to achive this using Conditional Formatting.
You need to firstly set up the formatting:-
- Select your cell range that contains your data
- Home Tab
- Conditional Formatting
- New Rule which displays the Conditional Formatting dialog box
- Select the option “Use a Formula To Determine Which Cells To Format”
- This example uses the formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$C$8),A1)>1
- Hit the Format Button and specify the formatting to apply to your cells if the condition specified is true
- I usually specify the fill colour as a choice for highlighting duplicate cells.- it stands out the most
- Hit Ok- you can see all of my duplicate values in red below
All done- how easy is that???
Want More Excel Tips?