If you ever need to move or copy or move permantly a worksheet form one workbook to another then here is the best way to do it in Excel – using the Move or Copy Dialog Box.
- Firstly open the workbook that you want to move the worksheet to.
- Display the workbook that contains the worksheet you want to move or copy.
- Select the worksheet or sheets that you want to move or copy.
- Right click the sheet tab and select Move or Copy form the short cut menu.
- The Move or Copy Dialog Box opens.
If you want to copy the worksheet then just right ahead and tick the Copy option, leave blank to move the sheet entirely.
- In the To box select the workbook you want to move or copy your sheet to
- If you want to move to a new workbook rather than an existing one then select the (New Book) option in the To Book drop down list.
- All you need to do now is specify where in the destination workbook you want to move or copy the worksheet to.
- In the Before Sheet list box, select the name of the sheet that the worksheet you are about to move or copy should precede.
- If you want the moved or copied worksheet to appear at the end of the workbook then select the (move to end) option.
- You copied or moved worksheet should now be positioned exactly where you want it to be.
In my example here I am moving my worksheet from from my current workbook Widget Sales Summary.xlsx. I have ticked I want to just create a copy of the worksheet and insert it before the Summary worksheet in the Widget Sales Summary workbook.
How do you find this method of copying or moving Excel worksheets?.