Do you need to have your columns widths static, so when you refresh your Pivot Table it remains just as you want it it to?.
This is really easy in Excel and something I use all of the time when I have my Pivot Table looking just how I want it and I do not want it to change!,
- Click on any cell in your data set you want to use in your Pivot Table
- On the Insert Tab, hit Pivot Table
- The Create Pivot Table Dialog box will appear as Excel automatically selects the data set for you
- Click Ok
- The Pivot Table field list will appear
- Select the Field you want to appear in Rows
- Select the field you want to appear in the Columns area
- Select the field you want Excel to analyse in your Pivot Table data area
- Select a cell in your Pivot Table
- Hit the Options Tab in the Ribbon
- Select the Options tool, in Pivot Table Group- Excel will display the Pivot Table Options Group
- Ensure the Layout and Format tab is displayed
- Ensure that the AutoFit Column Widths on Update is NOT ticked ( we do not want Excel to AutoFit)
That’s it your cell width will remain how you set it before un ticking the AutoFit Column widths and will not move as you refresh or update your Pivot Table.
Want To Watch The Video Of This Tip?