You are working on a document with colleagues that contains with multiple worksheets, they ask you to print out the worksheets.
As each Excel worksheet has its own Print Setup options (margins, headers and footers as well as orientation) specified in the Page Setup group on the Page Layout Tab, any new Excel worksheet that is added to a workbook takes the default settings . You do not want to be going into each sheet individually to amend the set up do you????
…..How can you quickly apply the same settings to all of your pages without going into each one of you worksheets?.
EASY- impress your colleagues all you need to is simply transfer settings from one worksheet to additional sheets.
Set up your first page as you like it this is all about preparation….so, amend your Page Setup settings then
- Activate the sheet contains the setup settings your want- we call this the source sheet.
- Select your other sheets as target sheets. Hit CTRL+click to select all of the ones you want to update with the first sheets settings.
- Hit the dialog box launcher in Page Layout- Page Setup group
- Once the dialog box appears just hit OK and close it.
5. You all then need to ungroup the sheets- just right click any selected sheet and choose Ungroup sheets from the shortcut menu.
That’s it your settings will be transferred from the source sheet, there are a couple that aren’t…Print Area, Print Title (as different sheets could be different!) and pictures in the header a footer.
Give it a go—save a lots of time!!!.