It’s Friday yet again, time for some Formula Fun…..Let’s take a look at finding formula errors today. If you have a really large worksheet you may not be able to look at it all at once and be confident you have no errors in your formulas. Here is an easy way to quickly identify all of your formulas are working as they should and have no obvious problems.
- Home Tab
- Find and Select (or hit F5 keyboard shortcut to get you to the same dialog box)
- In the Go To Special Dialog Box Select Formulas
- Select Errors
- Hit Ok
Any Errors will be highlighted in your Excel worksheet.
- Once all your cells are highlighted with formula errors, you can format them to stand out
- Hit Home Tab – Font – Fill Colour
- Choose a colour to indicate an error in my example I have chosen Yellow
Easy as that, if you have errors spread across your large worksheet, taking the extr step to format them in some way to make them stnd out really helps.
- View all of your Excel formulas at once
- Hide all of your Excel formulas from prying eyes!
- Undertand and debug Excel formula errors
- How To Display a Plus + Sign On Positive Numbers With Custom Formatting In Excel
- Create A Timestamp in Excel With Formulas